The Kozel Family

The Kozel Family

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Rah, La, Bah, Bah, Bah: The Musings of a Six Month Old

Lily:
You are changing so much every day.  You sit up completely on your own now, which you are thrilled about.  You have much better hand/eye coordination and fine motor skills, so you are having a lot more fun with your toys.  Your favorite toy right now is an empty water bottle.  I've seen you play with one for over a half hour and be as happy as a clam.  The 1/4 cup from my measuring set is also a prime choice.  We were playing on the floor a couple of days ago and I took these shots.

Your angel face

Your not-so-much-of-an-angel crazy face

I love this outfit on you.  I'd make you wear it every day if only I could get myself to do laundry that often!

Channeling your inner rock star?


About this same time you decided to mix it up a bit. Instead of the usual "Rah, rah, rah, la, la, la," conversation we've been having lately, you started throwing in some "Bah, bah, bahs!"  Wyatt was very excited to tell Daddy about your new "word."





We went to the doctor yesterday for your six month checkup.  Everything went really well.  You're very healthy!
Weight:  16lbs, 9.3oz  (55%) 
Height:  28in  (97%)
I wonder how tall you'll be as an adult.  Maybe you'll be a volleyball or basketball player.  I am quite possibly the worst player of both of these on the planet, so you'll have to get your sporty genes from Daddy.  You have almost outgrown your 9 month outfits!
I asked Dr. Brink about your separation anxiety.  She told me that if you don't want to go to anybody else, it's your loss.  She also told me that you'll grow out of it someday.  I hope so, because you have so many people that would love to snuggle with you!  (I've been practicing our pose for our prom picture though, just in case.)

A handout from the doctor's office mentioned that we should be allowing you to try to feed yourself sometimes.  I thought we'd give it a try last night.

I spoon fed you also so you wouldn't get too frustrated.

The best attempt of the evening.  You were perfectly happy chewing on the handle end of the spoon for most of your meal.

You loved checking out the food, touching the food, and smearing the food. 

I don't think you were quite ready for this "feed yourself" thing.
I'm guessing you got about 1/2 teaspoon in your mouth by yourself.  After Daddy wiped up the floor, he took you right upstairs for a bath.  I was left with the high chair mayhem.  Here is some video evidence of your efforts:



You are just beginning to get up on all fours.  Every time you do it you smile like crazy, as if you know you are showing off.  I think you'll be creeping around before too long!

We will be going to pick out our Christmas tree later this week.  I can't wait for you to see all of the lights and ornaments.  It's probably good that you are not mobile yet.  You will be able to enjoy the tree from a distance.  :)

Thank you for taking such a nice morning nap today so I could record the wonderful new news about you.  Wyatt told me the other day, "Mama, I'm really glad that Lily came out of your belly."  I'm really glad, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment