The Kozel Family

The Kozel Family

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Philadelphia

I'm sitting in the dirtiest kitchen in America.  I figured I could take this time while Lily is napping to clean up or to write to my kids.  No brainer!

So, the Philadelphia trip finally arrived!  Grandma and Papaw went with us to join in the fun.  We had a pretty nice ride there, even with our small detour through the Poconos.  Lily, you hardly cried at all.  Wyatt, you had a great time watching movies in the backseat.   



Waiting in the security line for Independence Hall

Thrilled to be in Philly
 Neither of you cared for Independence Hall.  At all.  Too much talking and waiting around.  We decided to bail out in the middle of the tour and head to the Liberty Bell. 

Checking out the clapper

Lily loves her Uncle Jim!
 Uncle Jim stayed in the same hotel as we did.  He was at a conference, so he had to be in meetings all day.  We got to visit with him in the evenings, though.  Wyatt, you had a BLAST with Uncle Jim.  You told me that he is "so funny"!   Both of you took turns throwing this sticky blue toy around the hotel room.  It was supposed to stick to walls and then slowly fall off.  Uncle Jim threw it on the ceiling, and it stuck.  No oozing, no budging.  It would have been there forever if he hadn't pried it off.  You almost peed your pants you were laughing so hard.  You also took turns telling jokes.  You were both making them up on the spot, so they were interesting to say the least.  I think that was my favorite part of the trip.  We don't get to see Uncle Jim very often, so I loved to see you two clowning around. 

We also went to the Please Touch museum.  It was great!
 
The waterplay area was a big hit.  We went there twice.

A blacklight puppet show

 
Uncle Jim HAS to be proud of this video!

   
We have a whole series of these pictures.  This one is a personal favorite.

Lily Liberty  

We ate at an Asian restaurant one night.  Wyatt chose seaweed soup.  He felt very brave and adventurous, and he liked it!

Aunt Chrissy and Big Jim joined us
 We also went to the Adventure Aquarium in Camden, NJ.

At the touch pond
 

Pirate!  This was the fastest facepainting I've ever witnessed.  Two minutes, maybe?  We were all impressed!
 The ride home was brutal.  Lily, you cried almost the entire trip.  Urgh.  Wyatt watched movies and took a nap.  When we asked him how he thought you did, he said, "Lily slept the whole time!"  That boy can watch TV and sleep through anything.
 
Lilygirl, you are now awake and ready to play.  I'll catch up on Thanksgiving and other happenings soon.  Writing to my kids or playing with my kids?  No brainer!  Now let's see if I can find my way out of this kitchen...

No comments:

Post a Comment