The Kozel Family

The Kozel Family

Sunday, April 27, 2014

March Revisited

Well, March was interesting.

We visited with some PA friends at the beginning of the month.  The trip corresponded with Ken's birthday, and as these are some of his very favorite people, he was happy to be at the cabin for his big day.


And so it begins...Ken would LOVE to own one of these suckers.


This is how you sled ride at the cabin.  Bonus:  No walking up hills.  Downside:  Potentially getting thrown from the sled on the sharper curves.  Thanks again for that one, Tony.

Had to include this pic.  Yes, Tony is actually holding Lily.  Monumental, considering she has pretty much screamed and cried every time she's seen this man since the day she was born.  She's come a looooong way. 

Two (actually three!) of our favorite people.  :) 
The cabin is amazing for me.  We sit around the fire and reconnect with most of the main reasons we miss PA.  Every time we leave I am counting the days until we return.  This trip, Lily discovered the joy of fire.  We'll have to keep a close check on that, but truthfully she doesn't fall far from the tree on that one.  For me, there's nothing that compares with shoving a stick into the fire and stirring up some stuff!

I ate way too many mountain pies and too much taco dip (as always) and left a very happy girl.

Soon after our cabin trip, I was lucky enough to be the only one of the family to be completely floored by a nasty stomach flu. Sparing details, it put a damper in about a week of my March activities.  I'm sure the kids and Ken had multiple adventures that will remain an undocumented mystery to me.  

The rest of March improved, thank goodness!  Wyatt and I went to his classmate's birthday roller skating party and had a blast. I stayed OFF the skates (I'm sure my dad is grateful!) and Wyatt very quickly acclimated to rolling around the gym.  It was nice to spend some one-on-one time with him.

At the end of March, Wyatt went to Parkersburg for his spring break.  Grandma and Papaw planned a ton of fun activities.  A trip to Columbus, OH to visit COSI and swim in a hotel, bike riding, and watching a Superman I and II marathon with Papaw were some of the highlights of his stay.  He loved every minute of his time there!

Other March happenings:
Playing at the park with the cousins.  So glad it's FINALLY warm enough to do this!!  No pic of Wyatt, as he was up on the courts playing basketball with Ted.

Spending time with more cousins!  I know I keep saying this, but I'm just so happy that extended family-time is now a regular occurrence.  It's a REALLY good thing.  I swear Wyatt is here, too!  Hmmm...I need to do a better job of catching him in the act of hanging with the fam!




The end of March also brought in the beginning of baseball season.  Wyatt is playing on the Cardinals, which is fantastic because of his obsession with the color red.  More of that to come in April!

No comments:

Post a Comment