The Kozel Family

The Kozel Family

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

February Wrap Up


It's Tuesday (and snow day #2 for the week) so I thought I'd play catch up.

Wyatt's basketball is officially over for the year.  His team had a great season, and they came in second in the playoffs.  Wyatt learned the tough lesson that losing stinks, but second place isn't too bad.  :)  All of my game pictures ended up blurry (I guess there was just too much action for me and my poor camera) but here are a few that were ok.

We'll say he made this one.

Getting his "Best Defensive Player" award.

Papa, Amelia, and Lily were awesome cheerleaders!

The Bulldogs--very tired after the championship game

It was a brutally cold and snowy month with most of our time spent inside.  As a plus, we spent a lot of time with the Tuels in February!
At the Wow Factory again.  Wyatt is making a napkin holder to look like a taco.  Lily is doing her thing.  The Tuels were on the other side of the table.
 Ted and Wyatt are really enjoying each other.  I love that they are growing up together.

The older boys playing Madden.  The younger boys NOT standing in front of the TV screen.



Other February events:  
  • We went to Dinosaur Days, a traveling robotic exhibit that I thought was overpriced for what it ended up being.  Nonetheless, the kids LOVED it so I guess it was worth it!


We saw our friends there and had a great time playing together.

  • Wyatt, his friend Brodee, and I went to Olive Garden and then to see the Lego movie one day.  It was fantastic!  I would go back tomorrow to see it again.  A few days later, Brodee and his grandparents took Wyatt to Wisp for some tubing fun.  It was about 60 degrees that day (WOW!). Wyatt loved it--I think we're going to have to plan a tubing trip next winter.

  •  We bought land!  We are now in the midst of doing everything else before we actually break ground.  (Planning, planning, planning, budgeting, planning, and planning.)  The search for a new home has been an interesting and stressful one, and I'm afraid to actually buy into the fact that we are making progress.  I keep waiting for the bottom to drop out of this somehow.  For now, however, we are full speed ahead!  It is a great piece of property--2 acres--and closer to Fairmont where we both work. 
View from the front to the back
View from the sledding hill in the back to the front of the property
  • Ken and Lily made cupcakes!  
Thanks for the memories, February 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment