The Kozel Family

The Kozel Family

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Lily Turns One!


Saturday, May 26th 2012

Lily!  You are one year old! Whoa!

We decided to have your party in Uniontown so more family could be there.

There were a lot of people who came to share your day with you:
Daddy, Mama, Wyatt, Nona, Papa, Aunt Anita (also the birthday girl that day!), Uncle Chris, Amelia, Great Nonnie, Aunt Lorraine, Uncle Mike, Lisa, Shelly, Shon, Bailey, Lynn, Pete, Addison, Emery, Papaw, Grandma, Ben, Laura, Ted, Sophie, Andy, and Courtney!  We hadn't seen Ben and Andy and that whole crew for a long time (it had been over a year), so it was extra special that they could come and celebrate with us.

Part of the party crew

What is Papaw doing?

Lily, you are still not a fan of people in general.

Great Nonnie and Aunt Lorraine are happy to be celebrating your special day!



I made you this birthday cake.  It turned out better than I thought...I was under a serious time crunch! Since you were a little nervous after the singing, I made the mistake of having you sit on my lap.  After the festivities, we both had to take a shower!   I had cake in between my toes and all through my hair.  You ended up cleaner than I did, you stinker!



 This was a wonderful year.  I'm so thrilled I got to stay at home with you and have a front row seat for all of the action!  (I don't think you would have had it any other way, though.)  I'm happy to say that since your birthday, you've slowly and steadily improved your tolerance for other people.  Even though you were my "barnacle" for the entire first year of your life, looking back I wouldn't change it.  You've challenged me in new ways and have hopefully made me a better mom for it!  I'm so glad you are in my life, Lilygirl!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment