The Kozel Family

The Kozel Family

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Better REALLY late than never...




So, yes.  It's NOVEMBER.  Quite a bit has happened since my last post at the beginning of MAY.  I'm just going to try to tackle it chronologically.


Lily:  On April 4th, you took your first steps alone.  On April 14th, you finally decided it was time to start clapping.  Since then, you've been even a bigger nutcase than I could have imagined.  You are hilariously fun.  

Grandma and Papaw came up to watch a t-ball game.  This was our best attempt at a grandkids/grandparents portrait.  About sums it up, I'd say!

Yes, we used this outdoor cushion storage  bin for a makeshift playpen now and then, especially once Lily was moving and grooving.  You both seemed happy in there.



Wyatt:  On Mother's Day (May 13th) I woke up to find you wearing this shirt.  You had gotten up early, sneaked downstairs to grab a marker, and then you had created this shirt as a surprise for me.  I LOVED it.  It's the best Mother's Day gift I could have gotten!  You were very proud that you were able to do this without anyone finding out (even Daddy!).



 Lily:  You, my dear, are something else.  This was the first day you really started "mothering" your baby.  I thought it was so sweet the way you hugged her and carted her around the house. 

Then things took an ominous turn.  I heard this banging sound in the living room.  When I came to investigate, I found you slamming Baby's head on the glass top table.  Not nice!

You gave her kisses to make her feel better, though.  Let's just say I don't think you'll be babysitting anytime soon!

 Note the kiss above:  very wet with a very open mouth!  Now you've learned to kiss with your lips puckered, but for a long time, it was Saliva City! 


On May 8th our friends Aileen and baby Abram came to visit.  I kept a close eye on you based on your previous baby handling skills (see above) but you did well.  You definitely wanted to pick him up, but you were gentle and listened well.

Wyatt:  On May 18th, your classmates and you celebrated your Kindergarten year at Bald Eagle State Park.  This is the same place we go boating, but over on the beach side.  You spent the morning doing crafty and nature-y things with your friends, and then we joined you for lunch.  Daddy came too, but he had to leave early to go back to work.    I can't believe how much you've grown up.  Kindergarten was definitely a learning experience for you, and I'm so glad we ended the year in a really positive way!



The Kindergarten Crew (Mrs. Haagen's, Mrs. Hockenberry's, and Mrs. Decusati's classes)

Finally able to go across on your own!  You've been working on this!

That evening, we spent some time in the yard.  Call it premature nostalgia, but I decided to break out the camera for a few more shots. 

Mulch and crackers--Lily's favorite treats!

The barn behind our house.  What a beautiful view!

Daddy made these chairs a few years ago.  Isn't he handy!  He used Uncle Mike's pattern for them.

Getting artsy with shadows.

Too bad you don't care for your swing, Lily!   ;)





Lily, your favorite thing to do at that time was to walk up the slide.  You would get about halfway up, and then SLAM, you would fall on your belly and slide back down.  You thought it was great.  I did not.  
 

A few days later, we decided it was time to plow up the garden.  (We never DID plant anything, but that's another story for another time.) 

Wyatt, you were a big help!  You picked out big clumps of grass and rock.  Lily, you spent your time trying to eat the dirt.  I kept telling you to stop and I watched you very carefully.  I turned my head to pick a few weeds and...


 this is what I saw when I turned back around.  Guilty.



 What a face!


 Yes, that is you out there, Lily!  Gotta love this backyard!
This was mostly May.  Lots of tee ball and outside fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment