The Kozel Family

The Kozel Family

Thursday, February 9, 2012

January--Part 2: Honesty is the Best Policy

Part 2 of our journey through January brings us to Wyatt.

Wyatt:  Oh, buddy.  You learned a LOT this month.  You learned that you need to listen and obey.  You need to try your best.  You need to be nice.  And the kicker:  you always need to tell the truth--the whole truth.

This was a tough month for you.  There were many, many privileges taken away.  You earned some back, and then lost them again.  Finally, near the end of the month, you seemed to realize that Daddy and I meant business.  I received good news from school and you finally earned all of your privileges back again. 

I felt like I lost my privileges for the month, too!  No board games, no store treats, no Ramona the Pest.  I knew, however, that it was the right thing to do.  My job as your mom (and Daddy's as a dad) is to help you grow into a wonderful man.  I had to keep telling myself that, especially when all I wanted to do was to be "fun Mama" again. 

February has started off much better.  I am getting great reports from school and I'm so proud of how you're doing.  You seem much happier about school, too.  We've been able to play lots of board games and you are pumped that you get your 15 minutes of iPad each day!  I think you'd just lost your way for a little bit.  I'm sure this won't be the last time.  And that's ok--we will always be here to help you find your way back.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment