The Kozel Family

The Kozel Family

Friday, November 4, 2011

Halloween Parade and ThrillerFest

Friday, October 28th was another busy day.  We started off at Wyatt's elementary for his Halloween parade.  I should have taken a picture of the cars--it must have been the social event of the season!  After waiting and waiting, we finally saw Wyatt walk by.


Lily, you looked cute but you were tired.  It was chilly.

After Wyatt got home from school and we ran a few errands we went to ThrillerFest, not knowing much about it.  Our only info was that at 8pm a bunch of people were going to do the "thriller dance" and that there might be stuff for kids to do before that.  It turns out that this was a benefit for the local fire company.  The ambiance was lacking, as it was in a well-lit gymnasium.  I kind of thought they would dim the lights and maybe even put up some spooky decor.  We still had an okay time.

Wyatt, you are being transformed into a vampire.  I don't think you even blinked the entire time she was working.
The finished product.

They had two bounce houses set up and you didn't want to go on either one.  Then someone deflated the cooler one and you decided you should go ahead and play before the other one went down.




 Lily was having a crabby day...I think it was the beginning of her cold.  I was hesitant to even take her here but amazingly, she has a fabulous time.  Grandma and I think it was all of the music playing.
There was a magician there that did card tricks, juggled, and made balloon animals.  Wyatt was very impressed.   Wyatt picked a sword and then went back again to get a hat.  Luckily the man had given him several balloon options beforehand to choose from. The last time someone asked Wyatt what balloon animal he wanted, he answered, "An earwig."  He got a dog.

Grandma the Conqueror modeling Wyatt's balloons and carrying EVERYTHING
During the festivities, there were little games and activities run by the emcee.  At one point she announced that someone was going to do a dance. Here is a snippet of what we saw:

I know, I know.  It's sideways.  I guess I can't film vertically with my camera.  I still had to share this so we wouldn't forget it.  Holy moly.

Finally, at 8pm, it was Thriller Time!   Members of the PSU dance team and other local commoners attended workshops to learn the dance. Ike the Spike, our minor league baseball team mascot joined the dancers also.  The head dancer who ran the workshops stated that even with two left feet, anyone could master the Thriller dance in one hour.   Here are the results:




I was mesmerized.  Lily kicked so much that I had a hard time keeping the video steady.  She was pumped up!

After the dance, Wyatt went up to meet Ike.  They waved to each other and then Wyatt stood there staring at him for a few moments.  Apparently to break the tension, Ike gave Wyatt a thumbs up.  Wyatt reciprocated, and then continued the staring contest.  Finally, Wyatt just shrugged his shoulders.  The whole exchange was some awkward craziness that I found to be hilarious! 


After a long day, we finally headed home.   This picture sums it up well.


Thank you, my darling kids.  Without you, I would never go to crazy and odd things in the name of "family fun." 

No comments:

Post a Comment