The Kozel Family

The Kozel Family

Monday, August 1, 2011

Sportsman and Giggling

Wyatt:
      Since you were about two, you've had "an imagination friend" named Sportsman.  I don't know where you ever got that name--at that time you usually named things for what they were. (Examples:  "Froggy" for a frog, "Bally" for a ball...you get the picture.)  But Sportsman arrived one afternoon out of the blue.  We talked about him a lot and invited him to stay for lunch.  As quickly as he came, he left.  I thought he was just a one time occurrence, but several weeks later Sportsman came back.   You were standing in the TV room, opening and closing your hand in a very odd way.  I asked you what you were doing, and you explained that you were clipping Sportsman's fingernails!
     Sportsman has made several appearances since then, but he never stays for long.  He seems to spend most of his time visiting his grandmother.  Just two days ago he came for an impromptu stay in our spare bedroom.  After spending most of yesterday upstairs, he joined you on the couch to watch part of a Spongebob Squarepants movie.  I guess Spongebob is one of Sportsman's favorites, too.
     Sportsman has the uncanny ability to change sizes and ages to fit your needs.   He's been your age, a baby, and an adult.  Yesterday he was your age but just a little bit shorter than you.   I wonder what he'll be like next time he visits us!

 Lily:
     So, this morning you were hanging out in your MamaRoo baby seat while I was sorting some papers and I heard you getting fussy.  I went over and sat down in front of you, and was rewarded with a huge smile.  I decided to play peek-a-boo with you since you were obviously in a better mood.  About the third time I peeked, you LAUGHED.  Now, we're not talking a huge gaffaw, but I distinctly heard a giggle come out of that little mouth of yours!  It was great.  You just keep getting better and better!   Now, if only you'd realize that, yes, you will ALWAYS gag if you put your entire hand in your mouth...maybe a few hundred more tries will do the trick.  What a goofball.

You people make me smile.  :)  I love you.

On a side note:  Your dad and his baseball team, the Orioles, won their game last night!  He caught and pitched and hit an "over the fence" home run.   Go Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment