The Kozel Family

The Kozel Family

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August Fun

Wyatt: 
You are fearless.  We went to the Grange Fair yesterday, and you rode every ride you could.   You're finally tall enough to get on the "big kid" rides by yourself, and you loved them!  You also loved a Swedish Fish flavored icee, a hot dog, some cheese fries, and an entire stick of cotton candy.  (This was after your favorite Waffle Shop breakfast--a strawberry Belgian waffle.)   We looked at the goats and cows, and you were very excited to see the chickens.   We even saw a chicken with "furry feet"--it's lower legs were covered with dark, fluffy feathers.

Lily:
You were a great baby throughout our Grange trip.  You basically just hung out in your front carrier and checked out the scene.  You also took a couple of naps.  Last night and tonight as I was trying to dress you for bed you kept flipping over from your back to your belly.  I  think it surprised you as much as it surprised me!  You aren't really a fan of tummy time, but the first time you turned over you looked up at me with a HUGE toothless grin.  I think you knew you had done it yourself.  You were naked, as I had just given you a bath, and Wyatt came in and laughed and laughed.  He just loves watching you grow and change.  Today, I got a video of him making you giggle.  Seeing you two interact like that is one of the most precious gifts I've been given.


Besides going to the Grange and the Waffle Shop, we've also welcomed babies Oliver James Long and Leonardo Ajit Poehner into the world!   Oliver was born yesterday and Leo came today.  I can't wait to see you both grow up with these new little friends.  It's been a busy two days for everyone, I guess! 

No comments:

Post a Comment